Friday, April 3, 2009

Praying with Beads

I've been using the Anglican Rosary (sometimes, otherwise known as Anglican Prayer Beads) in my daily prayer routine for quite some time now. I've found them to be a great supplement to the Daily Office, and like the music of Taize, praying with the beads helps me carve out some space and time to commune more deeply with God.

Not long ago I stumbled upon a new resource, "Praying with Beads," and I just can't recommend it enough! While I have been using a single prayer sequence with the Anglican Rosary for months now, this little book offers prayers for each week of the church's year based on the weekly collects from the Book of Common Prayer and often the lectionary readings for the week.

I commend it to you for use - and if you're at St. Mark's and don't know much (or anything) about the Anglican Rosary, you will soon enough! (May 1st commeth!)

No comments:

Post a Comment